Another method of disinfecting and cleaning wooden dishes that you can buy from an art shop in Canada is to use white vinegar and a cup of warm water. In this trick, it is necessary to mix three tablespoons of white vinegar with a cup of warm water. Then the vinegar should remain on the wooden dishes for 5 minutes and be washed.
Dry it after washing. It is interesting to know that the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial property of vinegar destroys the bacteria in the wooden container. It is better to disinfect wooden containers after using them every five times.
Beautifying wooden dishes
After using wooden utensils for a long time, they become flaky. To remove these flaky layers, you need to use a sandpaper.
For this purpose, take a sandpaper and rub it on the surface of the wooden container. Note that if part of the container is flaky, sand only that part. Also, be careful not to press the container with high intensity sandpaper; Because your dish may be damaged.
Removing scratches and scratches on wooden dishes
To remove stains and scratches on the surface of wooden dishes, you can sand them or flatten them with a dishwashing wire. After sanding or rinsing, wipe the surface of the dish with a damp cloth to remove excess dirt and debris.
Then grease the surface that you sanded using edible oil. Note that the oil should penetrate into the dry tissues of the wood. Then allow the oil to be completely absorbed by the dishes.
Suitable oil for greasing wooden dishes
It is good to know that aromatic oils are not recommended for greasing wooden utensils. For example, do not use coconut oil to grease your wooden utensils. Because after you put food in the container, an unpleasant smell is emitted. Suitable oils to use include all types of liquid oils and edible oils such as olive oil.
Tips for maintaining and protecting wooden containers
In order for your wooden dishes to always remain healthy and clean and have a long shelf life, you need to know the basic points of their care. In the following, we will state the basic points in their preservation and maintenance.
- We suggest that you do not serve foods such as stew and soup as well as fatty foods in these containers. Fatty food rots inside the wood tissue; Because food oil is absorbed by wood.
- If you keep your wooden containers inside the cabinet, take them out every once in a while so that they get air and don’t get moldy.
- Use odorless oils to grease your wooden utensils.
- Disinfect your wooden spoons.
- To disinfect your wooden utensils, you can use household solutions such as water and vinegar solution or water and lemon juice and salt. (We explained how to use it in last week’s article).
- Do not put wooden containers in the microwave or dishwasher; Because these dishes are dried, warped and cracked.
- You can also use special waxes for polishing wooden dishes to make them shiny.
- Some wooden spoons may have softened and darkened over time; These spoons are subject to decay.
- Use a soft sponge and soap to wash wooden dishes. Rough and hard squeegees cause damage to the texture of wooden dishes.
- Do not keep wooden containers under the tap. Also, do not put these containers in the sink full of water.
- Do not put wooden dishes inside the cabinet that have not yet completely dried. Because the dishes don’t dry and get moldy.
- After washing the wooden dishes, dry them with a towel and place them on the cabinet to dry completely.